Latvia has a unique geographical and cultural position, providing a strategic location for business operations targeting developed economies of the EU and emerging markets of eastern neighbours. Latvia is a natural gateway between the US, EU and Asia (especially Russia/CIS).
GEOPOLITICS OF LATVIA
Latvia is one of the most convenient and practical hubs for transporting goods from Asia to Europe and vice versa. Latvia forms the European Union’s external border with Russia and Belarus, thus making the country a bridge between East and West, as well as North and South. Latvia’s transport system provides an appropriate infrastructure base to facilitate these trade flows and to serve the needs of local export/import operators:
- Free ports in Ventspils, Riga, and Liepaja, with total cargo throughput of 61.6 million tonnes during 2016, predominantly transit shipments
- An extensive and functional road network, connecting with both European and CIS road networks, as well as Latvia’s ports
- The shortest route between the EU and the CIS
- Specialized, high-capacity railway corridor linking Latvian ports with Russia and the Far East
- Riga International Airport – a competitive Baltic passenger hub, serving almost half (44%, in 2016) of all airline passengers in the Baltic States; high-speed cargo distribution centre
- Pipeline systems for transit and distribution of Russian oil/natural gas
Latvia’s external trade and customs policy is based on free trade principles. Latvia is an EU country, a member of Schengen and an active participant of the World Trade Organization, enjoying all the benefits of free and open trade in the world’s markets. Customs and border procedures have been standardized for effective planning and coordination with trade partners around the world. Furthermore, Latvia has also become a full-fledged OECD member.
Domestic companies continue to develop their exports, creating an environment of knowledge and ability that enable firms to grow their businesses in Latvia and abroad. Latvia’s history has prepared its workforce with knowledge of business and cultural norms that enable partnership with Western European countries, and particularly with Russia and other CIS countries. LIAA provides a host of services for assisting locally-registered companies to find and cultivate new markets.
NIRVANA GROUP OF COMPANIES
Nirvana Balticy is a legal entity established Riga-Latvia as a part of Nirvana Group of Companies. The Company’s main activities are construction, property development, real estate, project management, export-import and tourism. Feel free to contact Nirvana Baltic. Nirvana Baltic's services are in
Real Estate - Invetsment Projects - Joint Venture Projects - Construction - Project Developments
Export - Import Business - Project Invetsment Consultancy